- Roll-Ups (use spinach, sun-dried tomato, or romaine heart to wrap)
- Roast Beef and Cheese (fresh, raw cheese if possible – NOT PROCESSED)
- Turkey and Avocado
- Almond Butter and Orange Marmalade (not on lettuce)
- B.E.A.T. Salad (Bacon, Egg, Avocado, Tomato)
- Lettuce Logs (fill lettuce with grilled/stir-fried chicken, tofu, scallions and low-sodium Tamari)
Instead of a salad, get creative with your fruit and veggies!
Kebabs (fun and interactive)
- Stoplight Peppers (Green, Yellow, and Red Peppers)
- Very Merry Berries (Strawberries, Raspberries, and Blueberries)
- Go Greek (Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Kalamatta Olives)
- Ants on a log – Celery with nut butter or cream cheese topped with raisins
- Yummy-Mummies (Wrap dates, figs, melon, apples, or pears with proscuitto, ham, or cooked bacon – aim to use pastured, nitrate free pork as often as possible!)
Instead of chips, let’s “crack” up!
- Almond Crackers (recipe includes almond flour, olive oil, blend of spices – bake and roll out)
- Pita Crackers (cut up fresh pita, brush with olive oil/walnut oil, bake)
Chip away – chip alternatives
- Kale/Chard Chips (clean greens, brush with olive oil, bake)
- Sweet Potato Chips (peeled, sliced thin, brushed with olive oil, seasoned salt, baked)
Instead of buying a mix, make it your own!
Trail Mix – include a blend of raw nuts, seeds, and dried fruit
- Nuts and Bolts – Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans, Cashews, Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Cranberries, Raisins, Apricots, etc.**Be sure to check to see if your school is nut-free because of allergies
Instead of a sugary treat, try some natural sweet!
- Greek Yogurt w/Cinnamon and crushed almonds or walnuts
- Applesauce w/Cinnamon and crushed almonds/walnuts or pecans
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes w/ Cinnamon