From Jen’s Kitchen – Easter Brunch
Mushroom and Shalot Quiche (with or without crust)
Roasted Asparagus with Goat Cheese & Bacon
Strawberry & Walnut Spinach Salad
Drink of Choice: Mimosa with fresh squeezed orange juice
Personal Favorite Easter Candy: Cadbury Royal Dark Mini Chocolate Eggs
Recipe: Mushroom and Shalot Quiche
-1 cup almond flour
-1/4 cup olive oil
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-1/4 tsp sea salt
-6 Shallots – chopped
-3-4 mushrooms – sliced
-2 Tbsp fresh chives – chopped
-1 Tbsp olive oil
-Goat Cheese (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 375
2. In a small bowl mix together the crust ingredients
3. Spread the crust in a thin layer over the bottom of the baking dish and bake in the oven for 10 minutes – until crust is brown and hardened. Remove and set aside.
4. While crust is baking, heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a skillet and add the shalots
5. Once shalots have softened, add mushrooms and cook through
6. Add chives for the last 2 minutes of cooking the mushrooms. Set aside.
7. In a bowl, whisk together eggs
8. Pour the mushrooms/shalots into the bowl with the eggs and stir together.
9. Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish. If you’re using goat cheese, sprinkle it over the top of the eggs and it will blend in during baking.
10. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes – or until the eggs are cooked (stick a fork in and if it comes out fairly dry, it’s finished).
It is great without the crust as well. I also make mini quiche’s: pour egg mixture into muffin pan and cook on 375 for 25 minutes. Great for a quick morning breakfast throughout the week.