Angelo de la Cruz
Orthopedic Massage Therapist & Personal Trainer
Spirit Animal: Wolf-bear-dragon-unicorn beast
While studying biological sciences at Cal Poly SLO, it became clear that my health was suffering. I was always tired, I couldn’t sleep well, I had digestive issues, and my emotions would swing dramatically at times. The realization came that in order for me to enjoy life to its fullest, I had to get serious about improving the quality of my health.
Since then, I’ve studied with doctors, physical therapists, clinical nutritionists, physical trainers, bodyworkers, and top innovators in the field of health & wellness. Instead of chasing the symptoms of illness, the most effective approaches to well-being are those that work to eliminate things that degrade health AND instill lifestyle habits that allow the natural environment of our bodies and mind to operate as efficiently as possible. In this way, we can be lead lives with less pain & sickness.
My work aims to use the technology of the body to help you live a more vibrant & productive life.
Some of the things I have fun doing are Olympic Weightlifting, breakdancing, parkour & free-running, snowboarding, creating electronic music, digital art photography/ videography, competing in American Ninja Warrior (My competition run is here) & learning about quantum physics.
What I love about FiT: Uplifting, motivating, supportive
Favorite sport: Martial Arts, ninja warrior obstacle courses, break dancing
- Former Life Science Support Scientist at NASA Ames Research Center
- Certified High Performance Coach
- 2nd Degree Black Belt in Taekwondo
- CrossFit – Level 1 Certification
- USA Weightlifting Club Coach Certification
- Intrinsic Coach Certification – Life & Health Coaching
- BS Anatomy & Physiology
- American Massage Therapy Association – Professional Member
- Nationally Certified in Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork
- Certified Hendrickson Method Instructor
- Primal Reflex Release Instructor
- Certified Massage Therapist
- Certified Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner