Client of the Month – Gwen D’Antoni
Age: 65 years young
FIT Member since: March, 2008 – Happy 2-year Anniversary!
Goals upon starting at FIT:
- Strengthen Core to eliminate back and neck pain
- Stay off anti-inflamatories
- Increase flexibility
- Workout once per week on a consistent basis
Results upon dedication to workouts at FIT
- Can execute more advanced movements including loaded back squats, deadlifts, clean and jerks, loaded walking lunges, and planks. Back pain has been reduced to being a result of too much bending over (incorrectly) while gardening.
- Only in extreme cases does she take these – – such as too many days in a row of holding the grand-babies or not getting enough sleep.
- Can complete box squats and body weight squats down to a 12 inch box versus starting on a 16 inch box with limited range-of-motion and volume.
- Gwen works out twice per week with her group (and Analisa), a third day in the gym of interval training on her own, and includes long walks and gardening/landscaping duties with her husband at least 2-3 days per week. Whooo! So much for only one time per week.
- Push-ups: 4×10 with bar height on pin #5 (started on pin #8 for 3×8)
- Pull-Ups: 3 reps with 64lbs of assistance (started with 5 reps with 120 lbs of assistance
Key’s to Gwen’s success:
Gwen has been able to open up her mind to variations of movements that she was not used to in a new environment. She has been dedicated to completing her homework exercises, including her core work (dying bugs, bridging, planks) and body weight squats. She is also active at least an hour per day outside of the gym and includes brisk walking, step-ups, and chasing her grandkids around the house! Gwen wanted to feel better, so she continues to make a conscious effort to move efficiently, safely, and correctly, especially outside of the gym. Thank you for your hard work Gwen!