Great meeting this week everybody! We discussed some different questions, especially regarding nuts as snacks – try and find some other snacks and not just depend on almonds to quell your hunger.
2 zucchini 3/4 cup tahini (raw) 1/2 cup lemon juice 1/4 cup olive oil (cold pressed, if you want it to be truly raw) 4 cloves garlic 2.5 teaspoons salt (I would cut down on this) 1/2 tablespoon cumin Chop the zucchini and blend everything in the blender. Add the lemon juice and garlic (and salt) a little bit at a time to get the flavor that you want. Coconut Apple Custard 2 cans coconut milk (or cream) 3 apples, diced Whichever spices you like, to taste: I used cinnamon, allspice, cloves, ginger, and vanilla In a medium saucepan, add the coconut over medium heat. Add the apples and spices, and mix thoroughly. Stirring occasionally, let the apples simmer until they are soft enough to smash with the back of the spoon. Once the apples are cooked, pour the contents of the pan into a blender or food processor and puree thoroughly. Pour into a temperature safe container and place in the freezer to cool. Once cold, the custard should be solid enough to eat with a spoon. Blueberry Protein Balls
1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup macadamia nuts
2 tbs melted coconut oil
1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1. Remove pits from dates and chop in food processor till paste forms
2. Add walnuts and macadamia nuts and process till nuts are finely chopped.
3. With processor running, drizzle in coconut oil
4. scrape contents into bowl and fold in 1/2 cup of coconut and the blueberries.
5. Form into balls, roll in remaining coconut
6. Ready to eat or refrigerate for later.
Keep up the good work everybody. Let us know how things are going so far and what you’ve been eating.